For Christmas, I received a Delicious Alchemy chocolate brownie baking mix. Delicious Alchemy are a gluten free food company. For veganuary they offered some egg free alternative recipes for the brownie mix, so I thought I’d give it a go and make some vegan chocolate brownies using peanut butter.
- Delicious Alchemy chocolate brownie mix
- 60g of peanut butter
- 75ml milk/soya milk
- 100g unsalted butter or dairy free alternative
- 1/3 teaspoon (1g) xanthan gum
- Add the xanthan gum to the dry packet mix and shake together to combine before pouring it into your mixing bowl.
- Place peanut butter into a bowl with the soya milk (or regular milk). Mix together.
- Add the peanut butter mixture to the mixing bowl along with the rest of the ingredients. Mix and bake for 20 minutes at 160 degrees or 180 fan.
This version works using either butter or a dairy free alternative, depending on whether you also need the recipe to be dairy free.